International Health > Staff
Alessandro Rhyll Demaio
- Department of International Health, Immunology and
Øster Farimagsgade 5, bg. 9, ind. P, Postboks 2099, 1014 København K
2200 København N
Dr Alessandro Demaio originally trained and worked as a medical doctor in Melbourne, Australia. Whilst working as a doctor at The Alfred Hospital, he undertook a Masters in Public Health with Monash University.
In 2010, Alessandro relocated to Denmark and began a PhD with the University of Copenhagen focusing on Non-Communicable Diseases in low and middle-income countries.
Non-Communicable Disease epidemiology, health promotion and health policy with a focus on low and middle-income countries.
His primary research project is based in Mongolia, working with the Ministry of Health and other national and international partners on providing an epidemiological evidence-base for current and future public health responses to the growing burden of Non-Communicable Diseases.
- Co-developer and coordinator of the Advanced Module on NCDs for the Masters of International Health
- Co-Course Leader for PhD Course on Rapid Assessment Research
- Lecturer for Masters of International Health in NCDs and research methods
- Co-supervisor of MIH and EPH students